INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
The standard, according to AGROCERT, applies the Integrated Crop Management system in cultivations. By implementing the standard, the producer reduces the use of agrochemicals while adopting good environmental practices. The producer bounds to follow the cultivation instructions of the supervising agronomist as well as to keep records for the protection not only of the consumer but also of the environment. The standard is comprised of two individual standards whose requirements are the following:
AGRO 2.1: It includes the general agricultural requirements that can be objectively inspected. It can be applied to any agricultural holding.
AGRO 2.2: It includes all the measures according to which safe and quality products are produced as well as proper environmental management.
The AGRO 2.1-2.2 standard is addressed to:
- Producers’ groups
Benefits of applying the standard:
- Reduced pesticide inflows
- Traceability for the complete safety of the final products
- Reduction of the production cost due to the more rational use of resources
- Protecting the health of both producers and consumers
- Protection of the environment
- Continuous training of the producers
- Production of safe products for demanding markets
- Increase of the products´ sales