ISO 45001: 2018 OHSAS 18001
This standard is the evolution of OHSAS 18001: 2017, it is accepted internationally and it sets the requirements for an effective health and safety management system at work. More specifically, it recognizes, evaluates, and manages the occupational risks in the workplace. Its purpose is to reduce and / or eliminate occupational hazards, accidents or work related illnesses and to provide a safer and healthier workplace.
The OHSAS 18001 standard is addressed to:
All kind of companies, regardless of their object, product, or service. However, it is mainly addressed to companies whose activities pose direct or indirect risks to employees and want to demonstrate in practice their interest in their safety, as well as in the safety of those involved in its operation (management, customers, visitors).
Benefits of applying the standard:
- Effective risk management related to health and safety at work
- Reduction of accidents and diseases related to occupational hazards
- Increase of the productivity by reducing accident and occupational disease management costs
- Ideal working conditions and immediate increase in productivity
- Proof of responsibility for health and safety issues
- Improves the image of the company to all members (staff, customers)
- Continuous training of the staff on health and safety at work issues