FISH FARM PRODUCTS QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The standard, according to AGROCERT, enables fish farms to develop a quality assurance system for the products (fish). The standard consists of two individual standards whose requirements are the following:
AGRO 4.1: Production specification – Product quality control. It includes all the requirements that must be met to produce safe products.
AGRO 4.2: Packaging plant operation specification. Describes all the criteria that must be met by the facilities for sorting, packaging and storage of fish products.
The AGRO 4 standard is addressed to:
Fish farming companies.
Benefits of applying the standard:
- Protecting the health of both producers and the consumers
- Products with quality marking
- Traceability throughout the production process
- Production of safe products for demanding markets
- Increase in product sales due to the competitive advantage
- Increase of the added value of the product
- Opening to new demanding foreign markets