The International Food Standard (IFS) is a partnership between German and French Retail Associations to evaluate and support companies that export their products to privately labeled retail companies or Super Market chains. It defines all the requirements regarding the food safety, legality, and quality. In addition, it enables the customer to evaluate the supplier at any time, since the results are readily available through a unique, transparent and quantified system.
The IFS standard is addressed to:
This standard can be applied to all companies, regardless of their size, that are related to food production. Such companies are production, processing, and standardization companies (excluding companies engaged in the primary production) that export or want to export products mainly to Germany and France by implementing systems that constantly provide safe products.
Benefits of implementing the standard:
- It is proof of compliance to the requirements of special markets (Germany, France) for the safety and legality of the products
- Ensures the quality of the product
- Increases customer satisfaction and trust
- It is a competitive advantage and a tool for an opening to new markets
- Improves the image of the company to all members (staff, customers)