ISO 26000 is an international standard, developed for guidance and not certification of companies and includes the 7 basic principles that include Corporate Social Responsibility such as:
- Ethical Behavior
- Compliance with Legislation
- Respect of the Human Rights
- Respect of the international rules of conduct
- Respect of the interests of stakeholders
In other words, it is a framework of rules, which offers the possibility for companies to implement a Corporate Social Responsibility System that covers the entire range of their activities.
The ISO 26000 standard is addressed to:
A Corporate Social Responsibility system based on the ISO 26000 standard can be implemented by all categories of companies, regardless of their type, product, or service. The aim is to improve the operation of businesses and to incorporate actions that improve social responsibility.
Advantages of applying the standard
- Development of corporate culture
- Improving the public image and prestige of the company
- Increase of productivity through improved working conditions
- Develop a relationship of mutual trust between the company and the employees
- Ensuring a competitive advantage in demanding domestic and international markets
- Social acceptance due to the social practices followed